We talked about whited00r in the past, but if you are not familiar with the project, whited00r is a custom firmware for old device and provides support for iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1G and iPod Touch 2G. whited00r allow to install, jailbreak and unlock a pseudo- iOS4 on your iPhone 2G and iPod Touch 1G. The firmware is based on v3.1.x
To improve whited00r user experience, the developer has implemented Folders for old devices running iOS3. If you device runs slow on iOS4, you could downgrade to 3.1.x firmwares without losing Folder feature.
Developer’s note: This process is safe and tested, but you are doing at your own risk. For this reason we suggest to backup your data. Anyway we absolutely racommend to make a clean installation without restoring backup. We will not provide support if this rule is not respected.
1. Choose and download the right firmware for your device from the download page . Choose the unlocked version only if you want to unlock carrier lock or you want to skip activation process. You will find the whited00r firmware (ipsw) decompressing the zip folder.
2. Open iTunes on your device page. Click on RESTORE holding ALT (MacOS) or SHIFT (Windows) at the same time and select the whited00r firmware from you computer. You could get some errors messages during installation. In this case follow this guide.
3. After installation (could take up to 15 minutes) iTunes will ask you if you want to restore backup. Please choose “Set up a new iPhone/iPod” to improve speed and avoid strange problems.
4. You could experience Mobile Substrate crashes caused by a permission error. In this case, you will have to manually fix it.
4.1 iOS3 Folders are included in v4.0 BETA. They need a manual fix to permissions to get them running. Open iFile (included) and follow the screenshot below:
6. For more info, and support visit the official page…