ATTENTION: Read What You Need To Do After Jailbreaking iPhone OS 3.0
So my guess is that 8 iPhones out of 10 are jailbreaked. Well that happens for logical reasons. But you jailbreak your iPhone. What do you do next? You mannaged to jailbreak FW 2.2 , now what? Before i begin to explain what its essential do to after you jailbreak your iPhone, i want to make sure that i clarify a couple of things about jailbreaking :
- Start with a legit 2.2 firmwire. Even if you are on a jailbreak 2.1 , start fresh. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- While running QuickPwn , DO NOT CHOOSE THEIR LOGOS. Because if something goes wrong with the jailbreak, and you will be stuck with a pineapple logo instead of apple logo , you won’t get any apple support.
- This is something you should know about jailbreaking FW 2.2 : if you plan on unlock your iPhone in the near future, you might want to stick with 2.1 for a while.
First thing you need to do after jailbreaking, is go to Cydia and intall BossPref ( or SBSettings ) and OpenSSH . Load BossPref ( or SBSettings ) and make sure SSH is turned on.
Download iPhone Tunnel Suit or any SSH client ( if you are on a mac you might want to check out CyberDuck .
If you are using iPhone Tunnel Suit , when you will run it, it will prompt you with a window saying : This is the first lunch of iPhone Tunnel Suit. Please set up a new device. You don’t need to do that. Just close that window. Once you are in the main window of iPhone Tunnel Suit, click on iTunnel button and make sure that iTunnel Status says Running! Once you done all that , click on File Browser Button. You will be prompted with a WinSCP Login window. In that window you will be asked your host name, user name and password. You can do this without knowing your Wifi address. Just enter :
- Host name : 127.0.0.1 .
- User name : root .
- Password : alpine .
And then press login.
NOTE : It might not connect at first. Just try a few times. Once it is connecting you will be prompted with a message. Just click UPDATE and carry on.
Now in order to be able to install cracked apps on your iPhone you must patch a file named MobileInstallation. First of all MAKE SURE YOU GOT AT LEAST ONE LEGIT APP INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE. What that means? It means you need to go to the appstore, and install any app from there. Doesn’t matter what app, and doesn’t matter if it is free or paid. Once you done that, using iPhone Tunnel or your own what ever you use, SSH into your device . Now you are going to patch MobileInstalation. This is exactly step-by-step how you do it :
- Download patched MobileInstallation file from here.
- SSH into your device and navigate to: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileInstallation.framework .
- In MobileInstallation.framework folder you will have the original MobileInstallation file. Backup the file by renaming the MobileInstallation file to: MobileInstallation.bak .
- Copy the patched MobileInstallation file that you just downloaded and copy into: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileInstallation.framework ( now , you must have 2 files there : MobileInstallation.back ( the original file that you did a backup of ) and MobileInstallation ( the patched MobileInstallation file that you just downloaded ) ( you dont need to rename the file, you can also copy somewhere on your computers HDD, you need to back it up , because if something goes wrong, you will need it ) .
- MAKE SURE to set permissions to the file, you just imported, to 0777. ( really, double check if you set the permissions to 0777 )
- Reboot your device.
Now your iPhone or iPod Touch is ready and you can install cracked applications.
MobileInstallation file for FW 2.2.1 can be found on Cydia. Just search for it and install.