iPhone DevTeam just update redsn0w, and now the tool supports iPhone OS 4.0 beta4 as well as beta1. This is a beta release of redsn0w targeted at developers of jailbroken apps. It uses the same pwnage2 DFU-mode exploit , and it’s not applicable to the iPad. Don’t go near it if you use yellowsn0w, ultrasn0w, or blacksn0w.
NOTE: in this video we use a previous beta version of redsn0w 0.9.5. The process is exactly the same…
Please not that this beta is not meant for the average end-user. There are many things “broken” with jailbroken apps in the 4.0beta1/beta4 environment right now. This beta redsn0w allows the developers behind those jailbroken apps (like MobileTerminal.app!) to fix their software before the general public gets iPhone OS 4.0.
Because it’s meant for JB app developers, this beta redsn0w does not perform hactivation. You’ll need a properly-registered developer UDID with Apple to get past the activation screen. For similar reasons, there is no Windows version of this beta redsn0w (since apps are developed on MacOSX). Please don’t pirate Apple software.
This BETA release supports:
iPhone 3G only (for now)
Mac OSX only (for now)
the 4.0beta1/beta4 FW only (for now)
How to use redsn0w 0.9.5.b4:
1. Update your iPhone 3G to 4.0 beta 4 and also save the firmware on your desktop
2. Downlaod redsn0w
3. Connect your iPhone 3G to your computer, run redsn0w and click on browse. Select FW 4.0 from your desktop and click next
4. Wait for the tool to finish the automated process
5. Select Cydia from the list
6. Now you will be prompted to put your iPhone 3G in DFU mode. ( instructions on the screen )
7. Once in DFU mode, another automated process will begin which will jailbreak your iPhone
8. Once jailbroken, load Cydia and add this source: http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7
9. That’s it. Enjoy…
NOTE: YOU SHOULD STAY CLEAR OF THIS BETA SOFTWARE IF YOU RELY ON A CARRIER UNLOCK.