Today Apple released iOS 7.1 beta 3 to developers which comes with a bunch of UI changes and bug fixes. iH8sn0w confirmed that the new beta doesn’t patch the evasi0n7, but the current tool won’t jailbreak the new beta. However, if you’re feeling adventurous, there’s a ‘cooked’ version of evasi0n7 that will jailbreak.
Jump over the break to check out how to jailbreak iOS 7.1 beta 3…
WARNING you will be using a modified and unofficial version of evasi0n7. Use it at your own risk. Don’t blame us for any screw ups. Users, especially jailbreakers, should stay away from beta releases.
Now that you have read the warning and hopefully you understand the risks, and you still want to proceed you should know:
- tool will work with all devices that can run iOS 7.1 beta 3
- before trying the tool, perform a backup of your device ( you know… just in case you need to restore it )
- turn off your passcode ( if you have one ) before using the tool
- won’t work with OTA updates
You will need:
- iOS 7.1 beta 3 ( link not provided, you’re on your own here
- modified evasion7 tool
HOW TO: ( NOTE: the process is identical to the official evasion7 guide. that’s why you see the official evasi0n7 tool in the screenshots below )
1. Download the modified evasi0n7 ( links above ), connect your iOS device to your computer and run evasi0n7
2. Once evasi0n7 will recognize your device, click the ‘Jailbreak’ button and allow the software to jailbreak your device. Meaning: don’t play with your device, just wait a few minutes.
3. evasi0n7 will reboot your device. After rebooting, evasi0n7 will tell your to unlock your device and tap on the new evasi0n icon on your screen.
4. The device will reboot again allowing evasi0n7 to complete the jailbreaking process.
5. Once completed, you can exit evasi0n7 and unplug your device. The device will reboot one last time to finish the jailbreaking process ( takes about 30 seconds or so ). When the device is up and running again you’re done. The evasi0n7 icon won’t be there anymore and the much missed Cydia app will shine on the screen once more.