After a lengthy beta testing period, Apple released today iOS 7.1 to the public. The update brings improvements to the Touch ID fingerprint sensor built-in tot he iPhone 5s, an update for a home screen crashing issue, and it brings CarPlay support.
ALSO CHECK OUT All The UI Changes in iOS 7.1
iOS 7.1 also brings a few UI tweaks that include a revamped caps lock and shift keys on the keyboard, updated icons for Phone, FaceTime, and Messages apps and a redesigned Phone dialer and shutdown screen.
Accessibility has been improved with a new “Button Shapes” option that indicates where tappable areas are located, a “Darken Colors” option, and an enhancement to Contrast allowing users to reduce iOS 7’s white point.
The new iOS also brings a new bounce animations in Control Center, more prominent buttons in the Music app, and a new event list view within the Calendar app. Check out the full release notes below:
– iOS experience designed for the car
– Simply connect your iPhone to a CarPlay enabled vehicle
– Supports Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, and 3rd-party audio apps
– Control with Siri and the car’s touchscreen, knobs, and buttons
– Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you’re done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking
– New, more natural sounding male and female voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese
– Search field above Featured Stations to easily create stations based on your favorite artist or song
– Buy albums with the tap of a button from Now Playing
– Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free
– Option to display events in month view
– Country specific holidays automatically added for many countries
– Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
– Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations
– New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point
– New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s
– iCloud Keychain support in additional countries
– FaceTime call notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
– Fixes a bug that could occasionally cause a home screen crash
– Improves Touch ID fingerprint recognition
– Improved performance for iPhone 4
– Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000
– Continued user interface refinements
iOS 7.1 can be installed via iTunes or via the software update tool in the settings menu on iOS devices. NOTE: iOS 7.1 is not jailbroken yet! Jailbreakers stay away!
SUPPORTFSM has no ads or affiliate links. Your support would simply pay for our servers, domain and maintanance. If there's any leftover change, we'll get some coffee and a slice of pizza.