Forgetting your iOS device’s passcode is not unusual. Especially if you follow best practices and choose a long alphanumeric password. Even worst, if you enter your passcode incorrectly 10 times, you will get a disabled phone.
So, how to unlock your iPhone without a passcode? Enter Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock – which is part of a suite of tools and it’s available for both macOS and Windows.
1. Download Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock, install and run.
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer using the Lightning cable
3. Dr.Fone will detect your iPhone. Simply click on “Unlock iOS Screen” to start the process.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to enter your iPhone in DFU mode
5. Once in DFU mode, Dr.Fone will detect your iPhone model and iOS version. Confirm that the information is correct and click the “Start” button.
6. Dr.Fone will download your iPhone’s firmware and will begin to erase your passcode. Follow the instructions n the screen and click on “Unlock’.
7. After a few minutes, your iPhone will reboot as a brand new iPhone.
For more methods of removing the iPhone passcode, as well as a visual walkthrough of using Dr.Fone, check out the video below.