A few weeks ago we talked about Barrel, a tweak that adds a 3D cube effect to your icon pages, similar to Compiz on Linux. Today, we’re going to show you how to add a ripple transition effect to the tweak, like the one in the vid above.
1. Download and install Barrel ( via Cydia ) – pretty obvious
2. Download iFile ( free in Cydia )
3. Using iFile browse to /Library/PreferenceBundles/
4. Now, tap on threedeepref.plist and choose ‘Property List Viewer’
5. Scroll down, until you see this list of integers ( use screenshot below for reference ) , tap on ‘Edit’ and focus on the last one. It will say ‘ <integer>30</integer> ‘ . You will need to change ’30’ with ’21’ . Then tap on ‘Save’
6. Respring your iPhone/iPad
7. Go to Settings>Barrel> and make sure the ‘Mode’ is set to ‘Curl and Roll Away’
8. That’s it. Now everytime you swipe, you will get the ripple effect on icons.
NOTE: won’t play that nice with folders