Everybody who owns a iPhone, knows for a fact that the built-in camera sucks. Despite that fact , there are tons of photography apps for the iPhone which will let you to perform different tasks in order to get the best experience out of it . Let’s go through a few of them , and maybe you will find one that will help you get a better experience when it comes to “take a photo”.
Point and Shoot
- StandardCamera-With Speed mode: You will get 3 functions in this app. Speed mode: It is instantaneously preserved only by pushing the shutter.The size is a camera view size of 320×427. (The image quality falls because it preserves the state as it is of the screen. ).The shutter tone of the camera can be turned on, and be turned off. Standard mode: It is possible to choose by the setting from among three sizes.(300×400, 600×800, 1200×1600) and “Other”: Fullscreen shutter is turned on and can be turned off by the setting. The image is preserved in the same direction as the time of the operation detecting the direction of iPhone at the time of the preserved time and the preview.
- ToyCamera: You do not need any difficult setting or photo editing knowledge. Actually this app has any setting panel.All you need is just take a photo with this app.ToyCamera automatically adds several random effects that is chosen in setting to your pictures.
- ProCamera: ProCamera helps you take sharper photos. It also has a self-timer option which allows you to take photos and be pictured yourself on them.For sharper photos, the accelerometer triggers the shutter as soon as the iPhone is steady. You can choose between different precision grades
- Argus 3D: When one picture isn’t enough, tap Argus 3D.Mix pictures on your iPhone or iPod Touch into multi-photos, and explore them with tilt or Autorock.Blending images over time helps viewers see life and depth. Close perspectives look like 3D, wide ones seem to “look around” an object.Examples: http://Argus3D.com/examples
- Magazine Camera: a stunning application that turns picture taken with the iPhone into Japanese magazines covers.Your pictures will feel different just by adding a magazine title to it and you will enjoy taking pictures more than ever.
- Camera Zoom: Zoom in/out with your iPhone Camera! One of iPhone’s most requested feature.With Camera Zoom, you can now zoom in and out in real-time when taking pictures, by just simply moving the slider.
- PhonoCam: a camera application which records sounds from the environment together with a photograph.It records audio for a set amount of time (between 2 seconds to unlimited) until the photograph is captured.After copying files to iTunes via Wi-Fi, images are displayed as album cover artwork and can be browsed together with sounds using iTunes CoverFlow.
- Night Camera: Night Camera helps you to take sharp photos at night or other low light conditions, by using the built-in accelerometer to trigger the shutter when it detects the camera being stable.
- 3D Me: Create and share stereoscopic 3D-effect pictures with 3D Me. Just a few clicks with a steady hand and you’ll begin to create an album of 3D pics. No 3D glasses needed. View pics on your iPhone or share them with friends. Use 3D Me to upload your pics directly to MySpace! A 3D Me pic–unlike an ordinary photograph–creates the illusion of realistic depth. 3D Me pics look inhabitable, as though the viewer could walk into the image and touch the objects inside.
- Pano: Pano for iPhone lets you take beautiful, seamless panoramic photos straight from your phone, no other software necessary.You can check examples here :
- iEasyCamera: Because the camera lens of the iPhone 2G/3G is on opposite side from the touch screen, it is difficult to take self-photos especially with the tiny default photo button you have to touch. iEasyCamera changes this, by turning the entire touch screen surface into one big camera button! With iEasyCamera, you can hold your iPhone up at arm’s length and easily take your own perfect self portrait. Smile! There you have it! A perfect picture of yourself every time. Let your boyfriend or girlfriend see your smiling face any time without having to try again and again to aim your phone while exactly touching the right spot on your screen. With iEasyCamera, you will take a great picture every time, easy!
- HDR Camera: Bring more life and color to your photos with HDR Camera! Take a look at the screenshots to see the difference between usual photos and photos made with our HDR Camera. You can read a review of this app here
- CameraBag: Dramatically enhance your photos using the many classic camera and film simulations in CameraBag. It’s like having 10 unique cameras all in one tiny device!CameraBag focuses on emulating styles and processes from some of the most interesting cameras of the past to enhance the mood of an image.
- TwinShot3D: Capture real 3D anaglyph digital pictures with your iPhone or iPhone 3G with TwinShot3D. Using Apple iPhone’s digital camera, and TwinShot3D’s proprietary image processing, you can now take real 3D photos anywhere you go.It’s as simple as point, shoot, shift, shoot.
- Old Camera: When you take a picture with this, it provides black and white old style photo. In addition ver3.0 has Tons of new effect. Effect is randomly added to the photo from your custom effect set.This application is focused on very simple but fun experience. There is no complicated setting. Just take a photo, and you get result.
- Photo fx: Photo fx is the definitive set of digital optical filters for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Simulations of many popular award-winning Tiffen glass filters, optical lab processes and photographic effects are now at your fingertips. You can choose from 26 exciting filters organized in 5 different filter groups. Photo fx is comprised of the following filters: Black and White, Black Pro-Mist®, Center Spot, Color-Grad®, Color Spot, Day for Night, Enhancer, Fog, Glow, Halo, High Contrast, Infrared, Looks, Night Vision, Old Photo, Pencil, Polarizer, Pro-Mist®, Reflector, Star, Soft/FX®, Tint, Two Strip, Three Strip, Ultra Contrast and Vignette
- Momints: When you snap a photo, Momints uses our patent pending Back-to-the-Past-Buffer technology to capture the previous 30 seconds of audio, it then starts recording audio until reaching the preassigned limit (by default this is set to 10 seconds in the Settings Tab). When you play a Momint, you see the picture and hear it’s accompanying background recording.
- CinemaFX: 8 great ways to go Hollywood on your photos.Inspired by post-production techniques used in blockbuster movies such as 300, Underworld, The Mummy, CinemaFX brings amazing movie-like effects to your iPhone and iPod photos.Effects included: Spartan Sepia, Egyptian Gold, Cinematic Color, Dark Night, Vampire World, Elf Glow, Dark Comic and Surveillance Cam.
- QuadCamera – Multi shot cam: Just pressing a button, it proceeds to take 4-8 serial shoots and create one image. The popping sound of the shutter gives you a great feeling. Taking pictures of running cars, watching sports, adorable behaviours of your pets or to wam up the party…this is a cool camera application that you can apply for any moments.
- Panorama: Take a photo, elect to ‘Use Photo’ (or re-take) and its right hand edge will appear for you to line up the next shot. You don’t need to worry about aligning the next photo perfectly – that’s the whole point!When finished taking photos, choose ‘Finish Panorama’ and the saved photos are automatically stitched together using cutting edge image processing techniques to produce single photo. The panorama is saved to your photo album, as any other photo you take with your iPhone.
- SepiaCamera: Sepia allows you to convert any image from your library or even directly from the camera to Sepia.
- Montage: Montage is a revolutionary way to create art on your mobile device. No more boring wallpapers, no more postcards created from some impersonal template. With Montage, you can freely manipulate photos and other images to create photomontages. There is no limit to the number of images you can combine.
- PixMatter: PixMatter make it easy to upload your iPhone’s photos to the online photo service Shutterfly.You can choose the photos to upload from your photo library or take a new photo using the built-in camera of your iPhone (feature not available on iPod Touch).With PixMatter you can queue photos, and upload all of them in a batch. The upload to Shutterfly works with network connection with Edge/3G or even WiFi.
- iDroste: this app is available for iPhone AND iTouch , and it lets you quickly and easily transform your images in Escher like masterpieces, by applying the same image transformation method as the one used by the famous artist in his drawings.Load an image, change the parameters until you get the desired result and then save it to the photo album.
- Snap Filters: Built with speed and ease of use in mind, Snap Filters lets you apply simple filters to your photos (taken from within the application or loaded from your library) and make the most out of your iPhone’s camera.You can find example images here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/snapfilters/
- DreamCarema: DreamCarema is synthesized in the background of the photograph. The background is chosen at random. (The background can change back. )
The photograph can be moved, expand, and be reduced. Please put it on the place of the favorite. Extra parts other than the person can be made a background by tracing it with the background pen. It is possible to finish it up more in full scale by shadeing off the outline with the alpha channel.
- SciFi Cam: Experience a futuristic world of tomorrow, today!
With SciFi Cam you can take a photo with your camera, or load an existing picture from the photo album, and transform it into a science fiction inspired image.
- CameraKit: CameraKit is the app which collected the functions like a film camera, it is real though it is simple and easy.
You choose the film type and can appoint a developing method. Those setting items are very analog like. And it makes your photograph art in taste such as the film camera. A lot of wonderful works can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/camerakit/
- NoiseBlaster: an advanced machinery, adapted specifically to the unique attributions of the noise caused by the iPhone camera. The NoiseBlaster advanced algorithm unifies the surface color and makes the little unwanted tint stains disappear.
- ColorChange: ColorChange allows you to take any image and manipulate the colors to allow you to easily visualize what a room, landscape, person, or object would look like as a different color. With its unique “Magic” selection tool, it makes it easy to select desired areas of your image, and lets you change the colors with ease and flexibility. When colors are changed, you can choose the degree of the original image to maintain. This allows you to do things like make a persons skin green, the sky yellow, wash an entire image with color highlights, or paint your walls black!
- iSwap Faces: Ever wanted to swap two faces in a photo for the enjoyment of all? Now you can! It used to take a Photoshop master to transplant one face onto another, but iSwap Faces makes it so easy that anyone can do it in under a minute. Morph one person into another for everyone’s entertainment!Take a picture with your iPhone or load a photo from your library, place the masks over two faces, and iSwap Faces does the rest! Swap faces in your friend’s Facebook and MySpace photos!
- BeastFace Photo MashUp: A base photo is chosen from your photo roll, or taken by iPhone’s camera. Then BeastFaces are selected and applied on top of the base image. Faces can be dragged with finger gestures. Rotate, move, and resize, until the face finds a new life on one of your friends. Edit your photos, alter reality, and unleash your inner beast!
- Comic Touch: Make your photos come alive by giving them the Comic Touch. Add balloons to give your subjects thoughts and words. Add captions to describe the scene or give the photo a title.Use the PhotoBooth-style warping effects to add some fun. Turn people into caricatures of themselves or give them bizarre expressions. Endless fun!
- Tint Photo Pro 1.0: Tint Photo Pro 1.0 lets you convert any photo into a tinted photo right on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Tint Photo Pro also lets you use your iPhone or iPod Touch as a wireless photo album which can be accessed by Wi-Fi from any local Mac or PC web browser with password protection.All you need to do is type in the given iPhone URL into your web browser, and you are instantly connected for viewing, downloading, and uploading photos.
- Juxtaposer: Take any element from one picture and add it to another. Put your friend’s head on a statue’s body, remix your pets into a mythical creature, or magically join your favorite band, it’s simple and the process is fun.
- SmartSplice: Stop tediously selecting individual pixels! SmartSplice uses advanced graphics algorithms to greatly improve the speed and ease of creating high-quality image selections. SmartSplice even handles partial-translucency! Along with the provided image filters, this allows for some very powerful and professional-looking image effects.
- ColorSplash: ColorSplash lets you quickly and easily give photos a dramatic look by converting them to black and white, while keeping your chosen details in color. This effect – known as a “cutout” or “selective desaturation” – draws the viewers’ attention to the colored areas.
- PhotoEffect: this app processes your pictures, providing a variety of lighting and color choices. Combine with “Flash Light” and “High Contrast” and you have up to 32 stylized options to choose from. Browse from a thumbnail view and simply select and save the one you like. Just click and create!
- Cropulator: A little nip here, a little tuck there. Cropulator allows for quick cropping and rotating of images using simple, but elegant tools. Get rid of unwanted image areas by tapping and dragging while either maintaining the aspect ratio or not. Ever take a crooked photo? Not a problem. Just draw a line along a horizontal or vertical edge in Rotate mode and voila, the image automatically straightens. But wait, it gets better. If the crop rectangle has not been adjusted, rotating will automatically crop the image.
- Photogene: Photogene is about improving your digital photos and having fun while at it.Crop or straighten a tilted picture, rotate and mirror it. Correct color balance and decorate your photos with different sorts of text bubbles, shapes and frames.Auto and/or manually correct the color balance of a digital image. A color histogram will help you fine tune the color distribution, improving balance and contrast at the same time. Go artistic and add some darker or brighter colors for a surreal atmosphere.
- PhotoArtist: PhotoArtist is a simple, affordable tool allowing anyone to create dynamic artwork from photos with his/her iPhone. Using the simple four step program outlined below anyone with an iphone can be an artist
- Collage: Pinch, rotate, stretch, and move photos from your photo album. Switch to black and white or sepia. Add transparency. Cut out any shape. Spice up your wallpaper or amuse your friends. Create a masterpiece with Collage. Go to http://www.johnmoff.com to see a demo video
- Photonasis 2.0: This is the ultimate image processing package on the app store ever, you can do image filters on images on your image library or you can do it on the camera directly, no end for what you can do with this app.
- Photo Brush: An intuitive yet surprisingly powerful tool for iPhone and iPod touch users. Customize your favorite photos on the spot with the touch of your finger. Photo Brush offers a fun assortment of brush and color options. Turn on the magic brush and create a new design every time.Photo Brush integrates seamlessly with your iPhone Camera and Photos apps or your iPod touch Photo Library allowing you to save your new image art. Email your pictures to friends or use them on your social networking profile page. The possibilities are limitless!
- Portfolio: Portfolio is the perfect app for Photographers, Illustrators, Artists, Designers and anyone looking for an intuitive way to showcase their work on an iPhone or iPod Touch. Includes the same look and functionality as Apple’s Photo app, with improvements relating to an electronic portfolio.Uses Picasa Web Albums to upload and organize your images to your device
- Earth Scenery: Earth Scenery is an application integrated with Google Map and flickr.You can upload pictures to your flickr account or explore all the pictures around the world without signing up flickr account.Also, you can easily maintain your pictures in the flickr, such as uploading, editing and sharing.you can sign up a flickr account for free at flickr.com.
- ceCloud: Show your pictures from your mobileMe gallery on tv-screens via DLNA/UPnP enabled devices (e.g. Sony Playstation3). Present your friends or your family your newest holiday pics, partypics or what you have taken on the way to them on their TV Sets.
- Air Photo Wifi Printing: Air Photo enables easy and fast wireless photo printing to any printer on the local Wifi network.Simply run Air Photo, browse to the photos you like to print, and tap “Print”.Air Photo Server (free) must be installed and running on the desktop computer. (Note, please make sure it is added to the exception list of your firewall). Download it at: http://www.sudobility.com/Air.Photo.html
- myPhotoEgg: myPhotoEgg is a new generation photo viewer based on a 3D OpenGL environment.
- Naked touch: Edit, crop, and upload photos from your iPhone with pro quality imaging tools. Naked touch features an advanced hybrid 16/32-bit pipeline complete with sharpening, blurring, noise reduction, highlight and shadow adjustment, multitouch curves, brightness, contrast, white balance, and color balance filters. Upload your photos to Facebook, Flickr, and Tumblr, or export them back to your iPhone library.
- Mobile Fotos: Mobile Fotos lets you browse and upload to Flickr, including finding photos taken near your current location, playing videos* and geotagging and EXIF in uploads.
- Sexy Meter Pro: This is the true sexy meter, which rates a beauty by analyzing her photo! It tells you how hot a girl is, so that you can decide whether you should ask her out. This app isn’t a generate random results generator, but rather, it gives a score based on the girl’s skin color (healthy or not), lip shape, eye contact. Also, the background will affect the result.
- advCards: If you love to take picture on iPhone, manage them, create greetings from your picture and send to your friends, family or just for you memories… advCards is the right tool for you! Within few minutes with provided add-on library and a well-organized User Interface, a greeting can be created and ready to send.
- Slideshow Builder: Showcase your photography on the move in beautiful passcode-protected slideshows. You can add animated Ken Burns effects, slide transitions and background music to make your photos look and sound amazing. Visit us at http://bitwink.com/slideshow for demo videos of Slideshow Builder in action.
- LittleSnapper: Take a photo, snap a webpage, or choose an existing image from your photo album and share it online via QuickSnapper.Add tags, titles, descriptions, and ratings to your snaps before sharing them. Once shared online, LittleSnapper allows you to view, email, or tweet the link to your image.
- iAnonymize – Hide and Share: Want to share a photo but would like to keep some parts of it private? With iAnonymize you can do it straight on your iPhone.Additionally, you can adjust the granularity of the masking, switch between blur and solid masking and hide as many parts of the photo as you see fit.
- Photo Secure: Tired of worrying about who you let borrow your iPhone, or iPod Touch, well this is not a problem anymore. With Photo Secure you can easily backup you unsecured photos from your Photo Library to Photo Secures password protected database. At another time you can quickly and easily load Photo Secure and review your secure photos.
- DoF: DoF is a small utility for Photographer or Videographer allowing to calculate the depth of field. The calculation is done on the fly as soon as parameters are change. If you are using a digital camera, either point and shoot or dSLR, you will most probably find it in the presets database. There are more than 270 entries which include all major camera manufacturers. We have even included most popular HDV camcorders. For film camera you can choose a film size. Circle of confusion factor can be also choosen based on sensor size or you can even select a custom CoC. Then dial the focal length, aperture and the distance to the object. And you’ll get the depth of field calculation results as well as hyperfocal distance.
- Fotomatic: Fotomatic puts your favorite Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa photo albums on the go with cool animated slideshows. Simply enter or search for the names of online photo albums and they’ll be downloaded to your iPhone for you to browse or watch within uniquely animated slideshow themes: mounted in a virtual photo book, zooming past you, part of a mural, and many more!
- Flickup: an application for uploading photos to Flickr directly from iPhone using the same interfaces as the built-in camera and photo albums applications.
With Flickup, you can geotag photos with one touch and set defaults for even quicker uploads. You can also send links to your images directly to Twitterrific.