Skype WiFi (formerly known as Skype Access) is now available for iOS. With the new Skype WiFi app, you can go online on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (running iOS 4.1 or above with multitasking) at over 1 million WiFi hotspots around the world, including hotels, airports, train stations, convention centres, bars and restaurants. And with Skype Credit you only pay for the minutes you use. So, there’s no need to buy an hour or day WiFi voucher if you’re only looking to check your email or make a quick Skype call.
Skype WiFi is great for travellers all over the world: It’s a must-have app, for your iPhone or iPad whether you’re on a business trip or enjoying holidays abroad. Skype WiFi offers you a cost-effective and easy way to get online with an iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad. Paying on a per-minute basis for WiFi Internet access is great when you’re abroad as you can avoid data roaming charges when you update Facebook, send a tweet, make a Skype call or upload photos.
Reduce your data roaming costs when you’re abroad:
- Use Skype WiFi to connect to WiFi hotspots at hotels, airports, train stations, bars and restaurants – available at over 1 million hotspots worldwide.
- Just one tap to connect – then browse the internet, check email, use Skype, check Facebook, update Twitter, upload photos, download music or ebooks.
- Only pay for the time you’re connected – there are no limits on the amount of data you can upload or download.
It’s easy to get started:
- Download the free Skype WiFi app.
- Sign in with your Skype account.
- Make sure you have some Skype Credit in your account.
Getting online at a compatible hotspot:
- Open the Skype WiFi app
- Tap Go Online.
- You’re online! Simple.
Once you’ve finished, just tap Go Offline. If you’re not connected to a compatible WiFi network, you can find supported networks in the app.
Great low prices, wherever you’re connecting:
- With Skype WiFi , you can go online and pay by the minute. Before you connect, you’ll clearly see the cost of the hotspot you’re connecting to.
- Remember, you’ll only ever be charged for the minutes you’re connected, not the amount you download or upload.
- You’re in control – each session lasts for a maximum of 30 minutes and you’ll be asked to reconnect if you wish to continue your session. You can tap Disconnect at any time.
- Check Skype WiFi availability and costs at skype.com/go/skypewifi.
- iOS device running running iOS 4.1 or newer with multitasking
- WiFi connection to compatible network
- Skype Account with Skype Credit required