A couple of days ago BigBoss and FSMdotCOM announced that SBSettings is ready for iPhone OS 3.0 . Today BigBoss released and update which pretty much is the finalized version of SBSettings for iPhone OS 3.0 which also works on firmware 2.x. I said pretty much the finalized version , because its not 100% ready, but BigBoss thought that it is a good idea for a beta release so people can test it and report issues that need to be fixed.
The install process should work, but if you have any weird problems, like respring just hangs with the respring screen up, reboot the iPhone
and then send BigBoss an email letting he know this happened.
In addition to the features listed in the previous post BigBoss have added:
- You can now have more than 12 toggles. (On the 3.0 OS). When you have > 12 toggles it will let you scroll like categories app or such.
- There is now an option to put the free memory in the statusbar. See:
- You can now select from several options to customize the behaviors of SBSettings:
- Enable or disable the U/I from lock screen
- Enable or disable the U/I during calls (for those of you that kept having the U/I activate on your cheek).
- Enable or disable the date in status bar.
- Enable or disable the memory free in status bar.
- Enable or disable numeric battery, wifi, or GSM (phone strength).
- Revamped the U/I on the more – extras screen.
- Internally, I have made the toggles SDK more extensible enabling direct access to system() calls within the toggles. I expect another small flood of new toggles like safari download, samba, or syslog toggles. These tasks were impossibly difficult on 1.x sbsettings and are now trivially simple.