First off, most all regular apps should work on 3.0. The changes were not that severe for most apps to stop working. So if the app is not in the list, it probably works. What probably does not work are apps that rely on mobile substrate or any sort of springboard patching. These all use undocumented APIs.
Next is to understand why some things are not working *for you* that are listed on the “working” list. Many apps require root access and use a trick that involves the dirname command. This command was not present in some older packages in Saurik’s older repository. Saurik set up a newer version of his repository for 3.0 (which will merge back in to the trunk soon). The point is, many of you may have his older repository instead due to one of these reasons:
- You used an early Icy without its essential updates that do not fix saurik’s repo.
- You used apt backup to restore your packages and it restored the old repository.
- You did not accept some essential updates.
- Some other thing that I am not aware of. But the cause is most likely failing dirname command.
You can check if you have this issue in Cydia: Load Cydia, wait for it to do its thing then go to manage, sources, then look for Telesphoreo in the list. If you see this line of text *exactly*, you have the new repository “Distribution of Unix Software for iPhoneOS 3″ (this is good!) If you see this line: “Distribution of Unix Software for iPhoneOS” (this is bad) you have the *old* repository.
One more thing. If you install something and get an immediate spinning wheel of death, reboot. Some times mobilesubstrate’s install causes this and after a reboot it will be fine.
- Backgrounder – Work will start soon
- Homework Planner
- *iKeyEx and addons.
- iRealsms – Being worked on should be done soon.
- Quickgold – being worked on as an integration into spotlight.
- Lockdown – being worked on
- LogoMe – dev team is too busy
- Notifier – status bar messages dont go away
- SBSettings AutoLock
- SBSettings Close Button
- *SBSettings User Agent Faker
- SBSettings Volume MC Widget
- Winterboard – Works except keyboard theming does not work.
Recently updated and working:
- AptBackup – Updated to avoid overwriting saurik’s repository, but not tested by me.
- BiteSMS 4.0 or newer
- BossPrefs v3.0.1 or newer
- ClearCam 1.1.2
- iBlacklist 3.0-1 or newer. (I had a packaging error in 3.0)
- Insomnia 3.0.2
- MobileDTA 3.1
- Mobile Substrate – This is foundation for many apps like SBSettings & Winterboard. Recent bug was causing iTunes store to not load.
- SBSettings iPod Widget 1.2-1
Working (not complete):
- Categories – confirmed working. No 3.0 compatibility issues. If you have issues with this its not 3.0
- Docs – confirmed working. No 3.0 compatibility issues. If you have issues with this its not due to 3.0
- SBSettings 2.99-4 or better
- SysInfo Plus