Today, Belkin introduced its new TuneCast Auto Live FM transmitter and ClearScan Live software application, which lets iPhone and iPod Touch owners easily operate their FM transmitter and locate the best radio frequency to play music in the car. ClearScan Live allows the iPhone to display the FM frequency and the controls on its screen. This hardware-software combination is the first to utilize an iPhone application to control FM transmission and utilize GPS coordinates to determine the clearest FM frequency at the user’s location.
TuneCast Auto Live capitalizes on the ability of iPhone OS 3.0 to enable application control of hardware accessories, with ClearScan Live as the first application to interact with an iPhone FM transmitter accessory. Together, the Belkin hardware and software provide a powerful tool for people to easily control and listen to their music in their cars.
With the ClearScan Live application, you can control your TuneCast Auto Live from your iPhone or iPod touch to:
- Activate ClearScan and utilize the GPS capabilities of the iPhone to identify the clearest FM frequencies, based on geographical data as well as results from other TuneCast Auto users in the same geographical area.
- Contribute to the quality of ClearScan’s recommendations by rating how well specific stations work at your current location
- Manually change frequencies and set favorite channels as presets.
- Minimize the number of devices you interact with in your car. Control FM transmission and music seamlessly all from the iPhone user interface.
Early fall in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia
TuneCast Auto Live (F8Z498) – $79.99
- Specifically compatible with iPhone OS 3.0
- Also compatible with the iPod Classic and nano
- ClearScan one-push station locator
- PRO setting optimizes audio and boosts volume
- Two programmable preset buttons
- High-contrast backlit display
- In-car charging
- ClearScan Live application for iPhone and iPod Touch
- Available for free download via the iTunes store