Four freshmen at the University of Pennsylvania decided to try making Siri do more on their own, so they came up with GoogolPlex, allowing Siri to interface with Spotify, Nest, and other third-party apps. To use GooglePlex you don’t need to jailbreak your device or download anything and it only takes a couple of minutes to set it up.
Jump over the break to check out what GooglePlex can do and how to set it up on your iOS device…
Follow these instructions to have GoogolPlex set up in under 30 seconds:
1. On your you iOS device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi
2. On your selected network, click the info button
3. Scroll down and select “Auto” under “HTTP PROXY”
4. Enter http://totally.betterthansiri.com in the URL field exactly as shown
5. Now you can begin using GoogolPlex! Try it out by making your first request!
6. Note: The first time you use GoogolPlex you must select “Continue” when prompted and create an account. You will only have to do this once.
7. Check out GoogolPlex’s command center to see what others have created or add your own commands!
Try out GoogolPlex by asking Siri the following:
- “GoogolPlex, play Demons” or “GoogolGenie, play Demons” (Spotify)
- “GoogolPlex, turn on my lights.” or “GoogolGenie, turn on my lights.” (Philips Hue)
- “GoogolPlex, make it warmer.” or “GoogolGenie, make it warmer.” (Nest Thermostat)
- Or create your own commands for GoogolPlex!