Seas0nPass has been updated to support an un-tethered jailbreak of the new AppleTV 4.3 (8F455) software. For the uninitiated, Seas0nPass is the simplest jailbreaking tool available for the AppleTV, and the first to support the new 4.3 version.
What’s new in AppleTV 4.3?
- iTunes TV Shows: Purchase your favorite TV shows directly from the iTunes Store, and watch the shows you already own, in HD.
- Vimeo: Browse and play videos from Vimeo, access your video inbox, and mark videos you want to watch later.
- 4.3 is also required to access Movie and TV Show rentals.
What’s new in Media Player 0.7.1?
- Added more subtitle encoding types
- Added subtitle options (size, color, border)
- Added support for folder cover art
- Improved audio track detection
- Improved AFP/SMB streaming
- Improved chapter support
- Improved .srt subtitle support
- Improved subtitle settings (persistent)
- Improved DVD playback and menu handling
- Improved appearance of Loading/Buffering box
- Resolved crashes when trying to access a broken/unavailable share
- Resolved issues related to displaying metadata
- Other miscellaneous fixes
How do you update?
The latest version of Seas0nPass (and user guides) can be found at seas0npass.com.
The new version of Media Player can be downloaded on your ATV2 through the Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu. If you need to re-install aTV Flash (black), links for the latest version can be found under the Downloads tab in your account.
New users can pre-order aTV Flash (black) here.