While there are a ton of tools around that will allow you to save online videos from different sources like YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook, many of them are just a pain to use. They will either won’t support the site that is hosting the video you’re trying to download, or they won’t allow you to choose the format or resolution that you want/need and so on. Enter 4K Video Downloader, a free and open-source multi-platform piece of software that will most likely satisfy all your needs. Its only flaw, probably, it’s that the software doesn’t come as a browser extension.
Jump over the break to check out how to use 4K Video Downloader…
1. MPV + youtube-dl
2. HOW TO: Install YouTube-DL
3. MPV + youtube-dl: Stop Wasting Resources
4. Replace youtube-dl With yt-dlp. How To Make MPV Work With yt-dlp
1. Download the 4K Video Downloader software. It is available, free of charge, for OS X, Windows and Linux here.
2. Open 4K Video Downloader and copy the link to the desired YouTube video for example.
3. Now paste the copied link into 4K Video Downloader ( just select the app’s window and hit cmd+v / ctrl+v ).
4. 4K Video Downloader will start reading the source ( see above ) and will immediately show you a bunch of option that you can choose from in order to save a copy of that particular video ( see below )
4.1 Before you hit download, you should note that on this step, you can not only save the video, but you can also choose to extract the audio. For example…. if you’re one of those people that downloads his/hers entire music library from YouTube ( that’s a terrible thing to do and you should STOP doing that ), you should know that this free piece of software just made your life much much easier.
5. After everything is set, just click on the download button. That’s it, depending on the size of the video/audio and the speed of your connection, in just a few minutes you’ll have a copy of that video ( or audio ) that you can enjoy anywhere, even without an internet connection. For more features, like how to download playlists, check out the video below…
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post