Type Specimen is the first font viewer for iPad, revolutionizing the way digital fonts are presented today. It’s an ideal tool for people who need to select fonts for projects – be it magazine design, corporate identity design, web applications, or book typesetting. Type Specimen is a quick and easy way to navigate the type foundry, containing over two hundred original font styles. Type Specimen allows you to categorize individual fonts, make comparisons, or see details of specific glyphs. All of this for free of course.
- In the Home section, you will find examples of our latest releases as well as quick access to each font’s site.
- Each typeface in the Fonts section shows a specimen of the type family, a listing of each available style, zoomable list of all characters included in the set, and detailed text about the typeface and its OpenType features.
- Search clearly divides fonts into groups depending on shape or classification, and enables full-text search of font names.
- Combine lets you combine fonts in a revolutionary way. Choose your Headline, Subhead or Text and select the right font, or simply browse through the pre-set options. Or just be surprised by a random combination of fonts in each search field by pressing the Shuffle button.
- Info contains all the necessary information about OpenType fonts. General characteristics, list of languages covered in the accent set, compatible applications, examples of functions that will let you use all the OpenType options.
Type Specimen is available for free in the app store…