A while ago, we showed you how to port Netflix from your iPad to the iPhone. Today, @EinCodierer comes up with another tutorial which is pretty much the same but different….
What you need:
- NetFlix from App store for iPad.
- SSH client ( Mac: Cyberduck ; Windows: WinSCP )
- NetFlix account
1. Make a copy of the iPad IPA ( free in the app store. if you don’t have an iPad just download it from the app store, and drag it from iTunes to your desktop ) rename the extension to ZIP, unarchive the zip and open the payload folder. Put the Netflix.app into your iPhones Applications folder. You need to set the permissions of the files in the app folder now to 755.
2. Reboot your device.
3. Open Cydia and install UserAgentFaker
4. In the Settings app/ User Agent Faker copy this into the User Agent area:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B367 Safari/531.21.10
5. Now in the mobile Safari app navigate on over to Netflix.com sign in and find a movie to watch. When you tap play, after a second it will launch the NetFlix app and start playing. Netflix supports video out as well, and ups the resolution pretty good playing thru a 24 inch external display.
Hi-res netflix icon for iPhone 4 users. Download here…