About two weeks ago, Google pulled the official Gmail app for iOS devices, just a couple of hours after release. ”The iOS app we launched […] contained a bug with notifications,” read a tweet on the Gmail Twitter feed. “We have pulled the app to fix the problem. Sorry we messed up.” Today, Google released v1.0.1.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Receive notification badges for new messages
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
- Keep track of important messages with priority inbox
- Auto-complete contact names as you type
- Send and receive attachments
- Search through all your mail
Gmail for iPhone and iPad is available for free in the app store…
NOTE: you will need to uninstall or log out of the old app prior to installing the new app.