Iconic: A Photographic Tribute to Apple Innovation uses vivid color and detail to document Apple’s journey in design, form and function — and looks back at over 35 years of Apple innovation. Four years in the making, the author captured over 150,000 photos of nearly every product Apple has made, including rare prototypes and even packaging. Complementing the photography are forewords and essays from an impressive group of luminaries, commentators and influencers in the Apple community. See the progression of more than three decades of product design that has made Apple the brand it is today.
Iconic is divided into six chapters:
- Desktops : See the most important desktop machines, from the Apple 1 to the sleek ultra-thin 2012 iMac.
- Portables : From the first Macintosh Portable that weighed in at 16 pounds, to the incredibly thin MacBook Air, see how Apple has consistently driven innovation in the portable computing industry.
- Peripherals : Did you know that Apple once made printers? Digital cameras? Joysticks? Their product range today is vastly simplified and streamlined, but this chapter lets you browse through a myriad of peripherals that Apple brought us in the early years, giving insight into their early visual and design thinking.
- iDevices : From the groundbreaking first generation iPod to the iPhone 5 and iPad mini, see how the iPod, iPad and iPhone line up have evolved over the past 10 years. (We went to print in June 2013 so we just missed the 5c and 5s
- Prototypes : Stunning photography of engineering prototypes from the personal collections of Apple enthusiasts around the world that give us a glimpse into how many of Apple’s products began.
- Packaging : No other company puts as much thought, attention and love into how their products are packaged. This chapter will show you why unboxing an Apple product is still a unique experience.
Each chapter begins with an introduction by a contributor who has been a part of the Apple community, written in their own unique style and highlighting their rich and personal history with the company and it’s products. Iconic also features two forewords by two of the most highly respected figures in the industry today – Steve Wozniak and Jim Dalrymple.
Iconic: A Photographic Tribute to Apple Innovation ( Hardcover ) is available for $75 on amazon.com
The book is also available as :
Iconic: The Classic Plus Edition is a Classic Edition that ships with a beautiful Senzo black slip case. Senzo, by Corvon, is a black tactile decorative covering with a soft matte finish that is strong and durable. This gives your book an extra stand out on your book shelf with a bold look that is beautiful and luxuriously appealing to the touch. Very limited quantities available. Plus Edition is available for $125 here
Iconic: The Special Edition. For the true Apple fans and enthusiasts, the Special Edition includes:
- Corvon® Metal-X cover giving a metal-like finish with a rich, lustrous covering material.
- ‘Alpha’ black slipcase – a synthetic leather cover material from Ecological Fibers Inc that brings timeless quality via state-of-the-art technology with strength and flexibility. It’s composition is a non-woven backing with polyurethane coating.
- Custom form fit book case with a design to celebrate the early 80′s vintage Apple retro form factor plus a stainless steel nameplate.
- A single original 8.5″ x 11″ fine print on Canson Platine Fine Art paper.
- Letter of authenticity from the author.
The Special Edition will be available for $300. Sign-up here to be notified when it’s available.