Of course you all know by now that the new Google Mobile app for iPhone and iPod touch was released. And it’s a great app , no doubt in my mind. But my main concern ( before this was released ) was if it will work properly for the rest of us. What do i mean by the rest of us? Well…. people whom live abroad, non north americans.
And the answer is not no, but more like , hmmm not really. Ok let me expand this matter. Ive updated the app, checked out the setting, everything was great so i was excited to give this baby a tryout. Because i was , like all of you out there, anxious to test this bad boy.
How many voice based searches will be needed to see if this app works with non north american accent? I said to myself 5 ; If it gets 3 out of 5 this app rocks. Well guess what? It got 2 out of 5… so its pretty decent but not really out there for us.
This is what ive searched for :
- how tall is mount Everest : ( i actually did this twice ) i got – elcon mall denver and fucking hulk hogan . now how can i get hulk hogan when im asking about mount Everest
- 22 degrees in Fahrenheit : guess what. i got this one right.
- how far is paris from barcelona : i got – cole porter paris combo ( at least it got “paris” in the result )
- how far is barcelona from paris : i got – hope ( well there is hope that one day this will work for me , or that my accent will go north american )
- funky space monkey : YES! got it right, and my blog was there on top being the king
Now, let me ask you something : did u listen to the sounds it makes when its processing your voice search? It sounds like a retarded alien. Just voice-search for something than when the app is processing your voice, put the phone to your ear and listen.
[tags] google mobile, google mobile app, voice search, google voice search [/tags]