New in version 2.1:
- iPad graphics optimized for the new iPad’s retina display
- Streaming (when on WiFi with settings to disable it)
- The “new tweets” sound is now limited to mentions, DM’s, and new tweets via pull-to-refresh
- Double-tapping on the timeline tab button takes you to last read tweet before going to the top
- Improvements to the Tweetmarker service
- Camera+ 3.0 Capturing/Editing Support
- Bug fixes related to direct messages
- Many other bug fixes
Instead of pull-to-refresh to check for new tweets or waiting for the 5 minute auto-refresh to take place, tweets appear instantly in your timeline as they are published.
There are a few limitations to streaming which Twitter has put in place:
- Streaming only works over WiFi. Tweetbot will automatically turn streaming on and off depending on your network status.
- Streaming is limited to running on three versions of Tweetbot at a given time per user account.
iPad version ready for Retina
Tweetbot 2.1 for the iPad is now retina-ready for the upcoming new iPad. Just like you, we can’t wait to see how Tweetbot will look on the new retina display.
New Camera+ 3.0 Support
With the release of Taptaptap’s Camera+ 3.0, you can now use Cam+ to edit or take photos for Tweetbot. If you have Cam+ 3.0 installed on your device, there will be new options when you are in the menu to add an image to a tweet.
Tweetbot for iPad is available in the app store…