TinyCFW is a simple tool notcom has put together, and allows us to create custom IPSWs for iPhone 4 and iPad 2. TinyCFW lets us to restore our devices to any iOS < 5.0 if we have the SHSH saved, without getting stuck into a recovery loop.
What TinyCFW is:
- It will modify an existing ipsw for an iPad2 gsm/cdma or iphone4 gsm/cdma
- It WILL modify the ipsw TO UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND TO THE LATEST!
- It will create an ipsw that you can use with TinyUmbrella AND iTunes to restore to a version of iOS that you have SHSHs for.
- It is primarily for iPad2 with a baseband OR iPhone 4.
What TinyCFW is NOT:
- A jailbreak
- An unlock
- A tool to protect your baseband.
- A tool that will restore your device to any firmware
- A tool for use with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPad, or iPhone 4S
To use it you must have java installed and at least 2.5 GB of RAM. ‘Yes I know. It’s a lot. Get over it. I didn’t write this to be massively distributed. I wrote this for a friend and am now just sharing it with everyone‘
NOTE: TinyCFW will updated your baseband. Use it to avoid the recovery loop when downgrading your device.
Download the tool for Mac and Windows here…
How to use:
1. Start the application (double click on the jar or run the .exe file).
2. Once the window comes up, click the top button and choose an ipsw for which you have SHSHs for. The app will scan it and tell you the firmware and baseband versions in the ipsw you selected and the firmware and baseband versions that will be in the target ipsw when you click the second button.
3. If you’re ready, click ‘Save Target IPSW’. This will take a minute or two and when it is finished, you will have a file named: <your original ipsw name>.bbupdate.ipsw.
4. You can use this ipsw with iTunes and TinyUmbrella to restore your iPad2 GSM/CDMA back to say 4.3.3 (if you have 4.3.3 SHSH).