If you’re into music collecting, especially vinyl records, you definitely shopped at least once on Discogs. And I’m sure you have your collection, or most of it, on discogs. Or maybe just your wishlist. The only problem so far was that if you wanted to use Discogs on the go, you had two options: a. use the mobile version in a browser b. use a 3rd party app like MilkCrate, Discollector or discographic ( personally, I use discographic right now ). Well all of that is about to change as Discogs is finally releasing an official iOS app and it will be available for free in the App Store on Monday, February 29.
The app is pretty basic ( but great ) as of v1.0 and it basically offers the same features as discographic for example, the only difference being that the official Discogs app is free while discographic is not.
Here’s what you can do with the official Discogs app:
1. Catalog Your Collection
• View and manage your Discogs Collection, including local access to your Collection and Wantlist when you are offline.
• Add and remove items from your Discogs Collection on the go.
• When you are out digging in your local record store, check to see if you already own a record before you buy it.
2. View Marketplace Pricing
• Access to the Discogs Marketplace price-range right at your fingertips!
• Easily check Marketplace listings for a particular release. Find a deal? You’re just a tap away from completing the sale via the mobile Discogs Marketplace.
3. Add to your Wantlist
• Track your grail by adding releases to your Wantlist.
• Find a release when you are out digging? Move it from your Wantlist to your Collection.
4. Discover New Music
• Search the database and discover new music from anywhere!
• Use your phone’s camera to search for a release by the barcode.
But here’s the exciting part. Discogs promises to improve the app and here’s what’s coming in a future update to the app:
If there’s a feature that you want to see in the official app, Discogs wants to hear about it and you can submit your ideas in this App Survey.