Tap Tap Tap released Camera+ 5, a huge *free* update which introduces ‘The Lab’ – a world-class photo editor for the iPhone. Jump over the break to check out what’s new in Camera+ 5…
- At the head of The Lab you’ll find Clarity Pro, which gives you adjustable Clarity and also adds a Vibrancy Boost adjustment which really brings out the life in your photos.
- Not only can you manually straighten your photos in The Lab… we’ve also included a slick auto-straighten feature.
- Easily tone your photos whatever color you please. Go just a tad to set a subtle mood, all-out to make a bold statement, or anything in-between. And if you’re having a hard time choosing a color, simply roll the dice to get a random one… will it come up lucky seven or snake eyes??
- This takes the Tint adjustment and brings it to a whole other level. Try it. We’ll leave it at that.
- Give your photos a beautiful, ethereal quality with Soft Focus. This one’s addictive so promise not to overuse it, ok?
- For the look of analog film. Fully adjustable so you can get the exact look you want.
- This can often be the answer to a photo that came out a bit blurry.
- Soften harsh pics. Or go to the extreme to make the perfect iOS 7 wallpapers. More on this later… 😉
- Take it down for a cool, faded look. Or crank it up to make your pics pop.
- Easily enables you to make your pics look “warmer” or “cooler”. It can be used for a simple compensation, or turned way up for a bold look.
- Photo overexposed? Underexposed? This is the fix.
Brightness & Contrast
- Two classic photo adjustments. You’d think that not much needs to be said about these two… but we went out of our way to make them look really good.
Highlights & Shadows
- Boost or cut the bright and/or dark parts of your photos. Compensate for imperfect lighting conditions, or go for an intense, artistic effect.
- Top-off the perfect set of adjustments with a stylish Vignette. Not only can you put on a traditional dark one, you can also go light for an airy feel.
- We’ve taken yet another pass at streamlining the shooting experience in Camera+. In Camera+ 5, we’ve split the exposure compensation and exposure lock controls so that you can have even easier access to each.
iPhone wallpaper crops
- As mentioned earlier, Camera+ 5 enables you to make some very awesome iOS 7-style wallpapers. Here’s the ticket: Simply grab one of your favorite pics and take it to The Lab. Then crank the blur way up and add a touch of saturation. Apply one of the new iPhone wallpaper crops, and voilà… a nifty iOS 7 wallpaper is born!
A Tale of Two Dicks
- We’ve renamed Effects to Filters and Borders to Frames. We’re letting you know so you can avoid that feeling you got when Bewitched switched Darrins and Rosanne switched Beckys on you without uttering a word.
New icons throughout the app
- Dozens of icons in the app have been redone and have the perfect look to go with iOS 7.
Shiny, new app icon
- And the most obvious icon that changed for Camera+ 5 is the app icon itself. It was hard for us to let go of the old icon. But we came up with one that captures the essence of the longstanding Camera+ icon (albeit in abstract form), and fits like a glove on the first page of your home screen alongside all your other iOS 7 icons.
Camera+ 5 is available for $1.99 on the App Store. Camera+ is also available for the iPad ( iTunes link )