In the previous FSM release, we took a first look at the newly released RedSn0w 0.9 from the iPhone DevTeam. Although this is still in beta stages, works really good, and you can use it at will ( the only reason why it is still a beta, is because it does not support all devices yet ). This is just a step by step tutorial. Before using the tool, please read this first.
What you need?
- iPhone or iTouch
- RedSn0w 0.9 beta 3 [ Mac or Windows ]
- Firmware 3.1.2 [ iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs, iTouch , iTouch 2G ]
- Bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6 [iPhone 2G ONLY]
How to use RedSn0w?
- Download RedSn0w, 3.1.2 FW and place them in a folder on your desktop.
- Make sure iTunes is up to date, and restore your iDevice with 3.1.2 FW.
- Load RedSn0w and browse for the 3.1.2 firmware you downloaded and placed in a folder on your desktop
- RedSn0w will check if you chose the correct firmware ( IPSW ) and it will start patching it
- This step is for iPhone 2G ONLY! Otherwise , skip this step. If you also want to unlock your iPhone 2G, select “Cydia” and “Unlock” . Now attach the two bootloaders. If you just want to jailbreak your iPhone, skip this.
- Now you can choose to install Cydia and custom boot and recovery logos. If you don’t need custom logos, just choose to install Cydia
- Connect your iPhone, and follow the steps on the screen to put your iDevice in DFU mode.
- Your iDevice will reboot and now you got a fully functional jailbroken iDevice.