Unfortunately this guide is only for those who live in US and AT&T . It seems that you need to have your phone legally upgraded to OS 3.0 and non-hacked, but this is not a problem, because the only way to upgrade to the developer iPhone OS 3.0 is well…. the legal way, and since this is not oficially out yet, you cant jailbreak it yet.
How To Enable Tethering on iPhone OS 3.0 :
- Plug-in your iPhone
- Download this file , unzip it and place it somewhere easy to reach ( i.e. desktop )
- Go into iTunes, select your iPhone in the Source List on the left.
- Hold down the alt/option key (alt for PC ; option for Mac) and click “Check For Updates” – you should get a file chooser dialog.
- Find the ATT_US.ipcc file on your harddrive (Wherever you downloaded and unzipped it to), select it and click open.
- You should see a progress dialog saying “Updating Carrier Settings…”
- Your iPhone may hang for a split second, but once its done, unlock your iPhone and go to “Settings > General > Network > Internet Tethering”
- Flip the slider to on.
- If you’ve done it correctly, your iPhone will momentarily disappear from the Source List in iTunes and a new “Network Interface” dialog will appear.
- Allow it to do its thing and if everything has gone according to plan, you should be able to disconnect from all other internet sources (Wifi, ethernet, etc) and still browse around and do whatever you like.
[ guide and screenshots courtesy of JakeMarsh.com ] [ you can also check this guide from CrunchGear : Complete How-to: Tethering an iPhone with 3.0 firmware ]