Last week Yahoo has released a beautiful new weather app for iOS. It’s so beautiful and well-made that most iOS users wished for a way to replace the stock weather app with Yahoo’s new app. While there isn’t a trick to do that yet, we might have the workaround you’ve been looking for. It’s not a complete replacement solution but it’s good enough.
1. Download Yahoo! Weather from the app store
2. Download OpenOther from Cydia
3. In Settings.app go to OpenOther and set:
- app to redirect : com.apple.weather
- redirect: com.yahoo.weather
4. That’s it. Now every time you will tap on the stock Weather.app it will open the beautiful Yahoo! Weather app
NOTE: don’t delete Yahoo! weather. If you delete it, the trick won’t work anymore. You can, however, hide Yahoo! weather app from your Springboard using SBSettings.