Evad3rs has figured out that that the jailbreak process messes up with com.apple.mobile.installation.plist. A fix is currently in the works and will be pushed to Cydia soon. But if you can’t wait for a Cydia drop, jump over the break to learn how to do it manually.
NOTE: You can use MobileTerminal ( Cydia ), iSSH ( app store ) or Terminal.app on the Mac
NOTE: backup your device before doing this
1. Load Cydia and install OpenSSH and MobileTerminal
2. Load MobileTerminal and type:
- su root ( return )
- type in your password: alpine ( Once OpenSSH is installed it is highly recommanded to change the default password. To learn how to do that, check out this tutorial )
3. Now copy and paste the below script in MobileTerminal
chmod -x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
killall -9 mobile_installation_proxy
rm /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
launchctl stop com.apple.mobile.installd
launchctl start com.apple.mobile.installd
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist ];
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore ];
chmod +x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
4. Wait for your device to reboot.
If you want to use Terminal.app on your Mac, load Terminal and type
- copy-paste script
SUPPORTFSM has no ads or affiliate links. Your support would simply pay for our servers, domain and maintanance. If there's any leftover change, we'll get some coffee and a slice of pizza.