Does the picture above look familiar to you? I know it does because we got hundreds of emails just today from you guys. Well don’t you worry, it happens, and there is an easy fix.
So , you got an 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603 or 1604 error while trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes with a custom firmware cooked with Pwnagetool or Sn0wbreeze right? Well, there is a tool called iReb ( Windows-only ) that is updated for firmware 3.1.3, works with iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 1G/2G and will let you bypass this error.
1. Download the tool ( here and here ) and install it .
2. Load iTunes and put your iDevice in DFU mode ( use method 1 ).
3. When iTunes will tell you that it find an iPhone in recovery mode, close iTunes and start iReb.
4. Simply select your device from the list and wait a few seconds until the screen turns white or red.
5. Start iTunes, select your iPhone and holding shift ( or alt on a Mac ) , click on restore.
6. Select the custom firmware and you are good to go.
That is it. Enjoy your jailbroken 3.1.3 iDevice.
SUPPORTFSM has no ads or affiliate links. Your support would simply pay for our servers, domain and maintanance. If there's any leftover change, we'll get some coffee and a slice of pizza.