You might know this, but im sure that many of you dont know that you can have your iPhone set up such that without ever touching my computer my contacts are wirelessly updated and backed up, given full screen caller ID pictures from facebook, and updated with most of my friend’s birthdays and facebook events.
What can you do?
- Automatically sync your google calendar/contacts to your phone
- Automatically sync events and birthdays from Facebook to google calendar
- Update your contacts to use current Facebook profile pictures
How can you do it?
- Sync your iPhone with your Google calendar/contacts: http://www.google.com/mobile/apple/sync.html
- Sync your Google calendar with Facebook events and birthdays: http://www.fbcal.com/
- Finally, sync Facebook profile pictures with your iPhone (and Gmail of course, if you have it set up), using the application friendsync from the app store (or your alternative source of choice). It tries to auto-match contacts in your current list with your friends on facebook, and does a good job.