The iOS community has been buzzing since yesterday, about the hidden panorama setting in iOS5 discovered by conradev. Today chpwn released a Cydia package that will do all the dirty work for you and enables this feature, but unfortunately you need a tethered or semitethered jailbreak for that. If you want the panorama feature but don’t want all the headaches of a tethered jailbreak ( or no jailbreak in case of the iPhone 4S ), here’s how to do it:
1. Download iBackupBot from the official website. ( Mac and Windows )
2. Plugin your iPhone and back it up via iTunes
3. Open iBackupBot and find the backup that you just made via iTunes. Select and load it.
4. Find Library/Preferences/com.apple.mobileslideshow.plist
5. Now you need to add a key to this .plist file. Open the file ( on mac, it just works *wink, wink* ) and near the bottom, add a key ( EnableFirebreak ) and a string ( YES )
6. Save your modifications, and right from iBackupBot restore your iPhone with the modified iTunes backup
7. That’s it. Open your camera app, tap on options and there it is.
SUPPORTFSM needs to pay for the website servers and it turns out we need a lot of coffee and quite a few slices of pizza. We're trying out an open-source and ethical ad platform (ref). Please consider whitelisting FSM in your adblocker. Or please donate and help us remove the ads.