iH8sn0w has released the new Bundles for PwnageTool. These are some files within DevTeam’s application Mac, which can enable support for firmware 3.1.2 and allow a custom firmware that is already jailbroken.
Currently they only released the bundles for iPhone 2G and 3G but they will release them for iPhone 3Gs as well. We should tell you from the begining that this bundles are not officially issued by the DevTeam. DevTeam is also working on the new version of PwnageTool.
Basically you need to add two files inside the PwnageTool , which will add support for the new iPhone firmware 3.1.2 and than you can use the PwnageTool to create a custom 3.1.2 firmware for iPhone 2G/3G. This is not a difficult process, so let’s proceed:
NOTE: this is not an official release. i tried it on my iPhone 3G, and works great. no issues so far. Use at your own risk…
What do you need:
- PwnageTool 3.1.-3 ( megaupload )
- Bundles for iPhone 2G/3G ( megaupload )
How to do it:
1. First thing you need to do is to download the files mentioned above and unpack them on your desktop
2. Right-click on PwnageTool.app and click on “Show Package Contents”
3. Now go to Contents>Resoruces>FirmwareBundles
4. Copy the new bundles from iH8sn0w
5. Now launch PwnageTool and follow this guide . The only difference is that you will use firmware 3.1.2 this time. Download here:
- iPhone 2G
- iPhone 3G