- TunnelBear: Access Location-Restricted Web Sites In The US and UK [ + US/UK/Canada VPN For iPhone/iPad ]
- HOW TO: Use Netflix, Pandora, Hulu and Rdio From Any Country For Free
NOTE: the method I’m about to show you here, is totally free. Because it is free, you will get what you paid for. Sometimes the apps work , and sometimes the servers are too busy. Just browse around, maybe you find some better free VPNs , or you can always pay for one, and get much much better results.
So, all you need to do is to configure a VPN server on your iPhone. We’re going to use Hotspot Shield , so lets see how to do that:
1. Turn WiFi OFF and find the VPN settings in Settings> General> Network> VPN> Add VPN Configuration
2. Select the IPSec tab/pane
- Select the IPSec tab/pane
- Description: HotspotShield
- Server: 22.214.171.124
- Account: oscor2
- Password: oscor2
- Use Certificate: OFF
- Group Name: hss
- Secret: hss
NOTE: if account and password credentials won’t work, get your own here…
4. You are now done. Save the settings and hit the “HOME” button to quit. Make sure to turn Wi-Fi back “ON”.
5. To activate it on your iPhone, the VPN setting needs to be turned on. From “HOME” menu, go to Settings and click the “On” tab for VPN. Your Status will change to “CONNECTED” and the VPN icon will appear on top in the iPhone Tray when complete. If you cannot connect to the VPN immediately, power down your iPhone, turn it back on, and turn the VPN to “ON”.
If you cannot connect to VPN immediately, power down your iPhone, turn it back on, and turn VPN to “ON” in “Settings”.