With Parallels Access released yesterday, the company behind the super popular virtualization software has announced today Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac. Parallels 9 takes advantage of Mac OS X Mountain Lion’s great features and applies them to Windows programs, like support for Launchpad, Dictation, Notification Center and Mission Control.
Jump over the break to check out whats new in Parallels 9…
- New! SkyDrive, iCloud, Photo Stream, Dropbox, Google Drive optimizations make sure you don’t inadvertently duplicate files locals, so you get the most of our storage space.
- New! Get stuff done in Windows at with a “real” Start menu and the ability to run Modern (Metro) apps in a separate window rather than in full screen.
- Enhanced! New Virtual Machine wizard makes it even easier to create new virtual machines, especially if your Mac doesn’t have an optical drive.
- New! Integration between Mac and Windows deepens, and now you can use the Mac Dictionary gesture to access the dictionary in Windows.
- Improved graphics. Don’t compromise with graphically intensive apps.
- Enhanced! Increased graphics performance: compared to previous versions.
- New! Thunderbold drives connect to your Virtual Machines.
- New! Firewire drives connect just like USB devices.
- New! Security Wizard makes it easy for you to be sure all your stuff is secure, both on your Mac and in your Windows virtual machine.
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is available today as an upgrade for legacy Parallels users and it goes on sale for new customers September 5