With OS 3.0 , Apple introduced a new feature for iPhone app developers and that is to allow customers to purchase in app content, such as maps, additional music or new game content.
If you are on a jailbroken iDevice, you will not be able to do any in app purchases, because you altered the way apps are verified by the developers, and you might get a screen like the one in the picture above.
If you got this error, and you want to fix it, follow this steps:
- Uninstall the App you want to make the in-app purchase in
- Open Cydia > Packages > uninstall AppSync
- Reboot your phone.
- Re-install the App you deleted in step 1 (the App that you want to make in-app purchase)
- Log out of your iTunes account by going to Settings > Store > Sign out, then sign in again using the same method.
- You should now be able to make in-app purchases (as long as you don’t have AppSync installed in Cydia)