About a year ago we told you about FreeMyApps, a free web app that allows you to earn points by downloading free apps. Once you have enough points, you can redeem them to get free gift cards ( including iTunes and Amazon ).
While FreeMyApps is great, and we’re still using it, lately they’re kinda slacking on the amount of free apps you can download in order to be rewarded with points. So we’ve been in the market for a new app that does pretty much the same thing ( if possible ). To our surprise there’s a lot of them out there nowadays. The only problem is that most of them are sweating you as much as they can for some change. NOT cool.
Well all of that is about to change thanks to FeaturePoints…
1. On your iOS or Android device ( NOT computer ), go to this address ( tap on ‘this address’ )
2. On the FeaturePoints page, tap on ‘Sign up to start earning’. A pop-up will show telling you that they need to install a provisioning profile on your device ( by installing this profile they can track your downloads and award you points ). Tap on ‘Let’s go’
3. Once you tap on ‘Let’s go’, your Settings.app will open and will present you with the new provisioning profile. Tap on ‘Install’
4. Once the provisioning profile is installed, tap an app on the ‘Get Points’ page and then tap the download button to go the App Store. Once you’ve downloaded the app you have to open and use it for 30 seconds to 1 minute, and complete any tutorials or registrations. Your points will then take up to a day to process ( usually they show right away ).
4. That’s it. Just keep on downloading sponsored apps and get points. When you have enough points you can redeem them for ‘premium apps’ ( not really the newest or best but I don’t think you should focus on them ) or :
- Amazon.com gift cards ( $1 , $3, $5, $10, $50, $100, $200, $500 )
- Paypal money ( $5, $10, $50, $100, $200, $500 )
- iTunes gift card ( $15 )
- and the big prize is a brand new 16GB WiFi iPad Mini
Here’s a trick to earn some free points:
At the bottom of the page, you will be presented with the option to follow them on Twitter and Facebook in exchange for points. To earn those points you will only have to:
- Tap on Twitter, let the Twitter page load and go back
- Tap on Facebook, let the Facebook page load and go back
NOTE: they might fix this ‘bug’ soon
You don’t have to follow our advice, but this is how we do it. Use both FreeMyApps and FeaturePoints to get the maximum outcome. You can combine the gift cards and if apps is what you’re after, you can redeem your points for iTunes gift cards and buy whatever you please. Don’t be limited by the apps they offer.