Google has updated today Chrome for iOS adding interoperability with other Google Apps and a new feature that is designed to speed up page load times and reduce overall data usage. Jump over the break to check out a full changelog….
• Interoperability with other Google Apps
- Option to open links for YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in the app instead of the browser.
• Enhancements to voice search
- Text-to-speech for all variations of English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean.
- Toolbar controls are always available when using voice search
• Fullscreen on iPad
• Data cost savings
- Reduce data usage and speed up page load times. View data savings in Bandwidth Management settings. This feature is being rolled out and will be available to all users over time.
• Access to browser history
• Stability / security improvements and bug fixes
Google Chrome is available as an universal app ( iPhone and iPad ) in the app store…