Facebook released their new news creation and curation tool, Paper today. The problem is that it is only available in the US App Store. So, if you can’t wait for an international release, there a workaround for that.
Jump over the break to learn how to download Paper ( or any other US-only App Store app – you can add credit to buy apps ) if you don’t live in the US….
To download paper, basically you’ll need to reconfigure your iTunes account so Apple thinks you live in America. This is not hard at all, so let’s see how to do it:
1. Load App Store.app on your iOS device and tap on the ‘Featured’ button ( can find it in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen )
2. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen where you should see your Apple ID and credit ( just above the Terms and Conditions )
3. Tap on your Apple ID. You will get a pop-up window where you need to tap on ‘View Apple ID’. You will be prompted to input your password.
4. On the next screen you’ll see a few options for your account, including the country and region where you currently reside ( obviously in this case it says US ).
5. Tap on Country/Region – here you can opt for the US version of the App Store. NOTE: if you have a store credit balance you will need to spend it before you can change stores.
6. Agree to the new Terms and Conditions, and then you’ll hit your only major roadblock – Apple requires a valid payment method if you want to buy anything in the App Store. Facebook Paper is free though, so just select ‘None’ from the payment options, followed by the Next button in the bottom right-hand corner.
7. Congratulations! You can now return to the App Store and download the new Facebook Paper app for your iPhone.