Apple finally released the final version of OS X 10.9.1 after seeding several betas to developers since November. OS X 10.9.1 update includes improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, improved reliability for Smart Mailboxes, an update to the Shared Links option in the Safari Sidebar, and a fix for a bug preventing VoiceOver from speaking sentences containing emoji.
Jump over the break to check out a full changelog…
This update includes the following fixes:
- Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings
- Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
- Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
Users can updated to 10.9.1 via the Mac App Store. Apple has also released a version of 10.9.1 designed for the late 2013 13 and 15-inch retina MacbBook Pros which comes with ”system specific enhancements” designed to improve stability and compatibility.