Apple II’s 40th anniversary comes next month, and you can start celebrate early. Adam Savage’s Tested invited game developer Chris Larkin who has found the perfect project for the $9 CHIP computer: turning it into a mini Apple II replica that emulates the classic computer.
Jump over the break to check out the video and get the files and plans to build your own Apple II Mini here…
At WWDC 2017, Apple unveiled iOS 11 which sets a new standard for what is already the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. It makes iPhone better than before. It makes iPad more capable than ever. And now it opens up both to amazing possibilities for augmented reality in games and apps.
Some of the ground features were covered by Apple in the keynote, but there are tons and tons of small, hidden features and updates that they failed to mention.
Jump over the break to learn about 100+ new and updated features in iOS 11…
iPhone 8 is the most anticipated Apple flagship since the original iPhone back in 2007. In a new reddit thread, three alleged Foxconn employees gave away extensive information about Apple’s upcoming iPhone and other products.
The subreddit’s moderators have confirmed the identities of the posters with proper documentation and evidence.
- The new iPhone is called the ‘iPhone X’ (but it is unclear if this is a codename)
- It looks most like the middle version in both these leaked images (I called it)
- There is a new dual rear camera with vertical alignment
- The front bezel will be thinner on the Y-axis
- Test units have Touch ID under the glass “but performance and yield rates were not good”
- No version is planned with a rear fingerprint scanner
- AuthenTech’s long standing Touch ID capacitive touch module has been replaced
- There will be Facial Detection and a Retina Scanner
- And plural: “front facing camera modules”
- RAM remains at 3GB like the iPhone 7 Plus
- The aluminum unibody is replaced by “composite glass”
- There’s wireless charging via a rear panel
- It will again be “water resistant” (no word if the rating has increased)
- There is no USB-C, Apple is sticking with Lightning
- Production is indeed delayed
[via ; images via]
Comparing a smartphone camera, any smartphone camera, with Arri Alexa is like showing up at a drag race with a bicycle.
Sure, there are movies like Tangerine which was shot entirely on an iPhone. And that was over 2 years ago.
So can the iPhone 7 Plus of today even compete with a professional Hollywood camera?
Jump over the break to find out…
Apple revamped their “Switch” site to attract Android users to switch to an iPhone. The new site introduces a simplified FAQ page that highlights iPhone features and how simple it is to switch from an Android device to an iPhone.
Today, Apple posted a set of 3 new ads to go with the new site and you can watch them after the break. Check out the previous ads here.